Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

News, Issue 3

Hello, there! Since there's been some changes happening around here since the previous update, I'm here to get you up to speed. The first change, of course, is that he's brought in a new editorial assistant- me.

I'm known as carlsojos, but if you insist on referring to me by a surname, Mr. Anonymous shall suffice. Now, how did I manage to join MeNaSe? Quite simply, I spotted Zehava looking for a little help at a website where I've been posting fan fiction for a few months. I looked at it, agreed to take a test of my proofreading ability, and impressed Zehava enough that he put me on the imaginary payroll and set me straight to work. While I'm not a writing prodigy (I would've laughed at the concept of me doing creative writing this time last year), I find it quite pleasurable to break out the red pen and try to put some polish on an already promising story.

As for what I'll be doing here, I've signed on to do some editing, of course, but based on my briefings, I'm supposed to also help implement some of the social medias out there, as well as provide a second opinion to help make this place an even better spot to find obscure, niche, and all-around quality literature.

Now that's enough about me. For those of you who've been watching MeNaSe, you may have noticed that we've just added a single master list where you can find all of the titles we have here for your reading pleasure. The purpose of this is to make it easier to look for whatever story you fancy, as well as allow you to browse into the different genres without having to go to another page. Quite simply, it's easier to read, so you can read the real reason to be here- the stories themselves.

As mentioned earlier, MeNaSe has been considering the potential uses of social media, and we've came up with a few ideas to try for. We are in the process of preparing a Facebook page for the site, and we also currently planning to create pages for some of the novels we host here, so that more people can see the abilities of the authors we work with, along with bringing additional attention to our site. More visibility equals more readers, which in turn equals more people who become inspired to pick up the pen and join our ranks as writers.

Also of note is that MeNaSe has a Gaia Online account, which has been around for a while. While it hasn't really played an important role to date, Zehava has handed me the keys and told me to go to town on it. While I'm not fully sure what I will do with it just yet, I have a couple ideas on how it can help the site, and these will come to light as they are implemented. C'mon, you can't expect me to mention everything being planned here! All right, I'll tell you that my primary goal is to find more writers to help keep us growing, but I won't go into any more detail about the plan I'm still formulating.

On the subject of new stuff, Zehava has resolved to complete Ore No Imouto, and he's promised to release it for your viewing pleasure this April. Based on how he worded his conversation, it sounds like he's about to walk on hot coals to make sure he doesn't miss the date, so it'll be interesting to see this latest work.

This last one's important if you like money (I bet you do). Zehava has yet to receive a translated copy of Demise of the Reincarnation, from the Digital Devil trilogy. He's already promised eighty dollars to the first person who can provide such a copy to him, and I can tell he's quite serious about this one. We got cash and a need; if you can get that translation to us, we will get you the money, promised.

That's all I have for you, so keep an eye out on our Twitter; we'll be sure to keep you posted on anything that happens here.

-carlsojos

No comments:

Post a Comment