Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Longing of Shiina Ryo Prologue

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when he cheated me at cards.

That kind of sentence made me the person I am today. It might sound like a lame joke, but I don't say it to try to be funny or anything. I've always said stuff like that and most of the time I don't even know why. It slips out, just like that. After listening to that kind of sentence, people often start treating me as some kind of lunatic or someone that shouldn't be taken seriously. Maybe that was a little too light. No, no, I know what they are truly thinking, deep down in their hearts: that I am a serial, shameless liar.

Which I'm not.

I just happen to be in the right place at the right time for the wrong things. If there’s something weird happening somewhere, somehow I’ll be involved. I'm always the one that finds out the truth about the cult trying to revive a black dragon, which one of my classmates is the teacher's murderer or the deepest secrets of the "end of the world" conspiracy. I don't even try to find these kinds of things; I mean, how many of you have accidentally clicked on a link that led to the activation of an atomic bomb while searching for sheet music? Oh, c'mon! It's not like I have a van, three friends and a talking dog or something.

I'm as normal as the next guy, but that doesn't stop the strange phenomena that seem to follow me everywhere I go. I've been moving around ever since I can remember and because of that, my best friend is someone I met online. Hmm, let me rephrase that. My only friend and probably the only person who doesn't think I'm a blatant liar is a girl I met last year in a chat room. It's weird to think that even though we have never seen each other, she is currently the only friend I can rely on.

And here I am, moving to her town. I have lived in many places, and since this thing called ‘Mystery’ follows me everywhere, it might be a little better if I have a friend (even if it's only for three months, before something really weird happens and I have to move again). It will probably be good for me, for a while.

Trying to make myself believe that, I went to the town where Shiina Ryo lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment